Friday, October 11, 2013

that one card...

Hi there!

I want to share how I made the card that I lifted from Jennifer McGuire...

I said in the other post how I stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed the stamped images with black and silver, and then I shaded the white background.  First, I used a sky blue color:


Next, I added Pacifica:

 
And finally Smokey Plum:


Here is my A2-sized card with the punched circle, also shaded a lovely Bamboo color:

 
I added the square Nativity behind the circle:

 
But that looked too plain so I stamped and embossed on the front:


Shiny and raised.  Love it.


Finished:
 
I changed the camera's focus so you can see just how shiny the embossed part is:

 
After all of that, it still looked just a tad plain, so I got the Sky ink and inked stars around the top half of my card front.  It's very subtle:
 
 
And don't forget to stamp on the inside.  I added another piece of cardstock on the inside so that the square wouldn't be showing. 
 
 
Again, the CTMH stamp set I used is called Glory to God, available for purchase (HERE).
 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving love!
 
Blessings,
Martha
 

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous and I love how you stamped the inside too!

    ReplyDelete