Thursday, October 17, 2013

Part 3 of the Holidays from the Heart Blog Hop!


Yes, I have a few more cards to share!  Continuing with yesterday's post with the Mary and Babe stamp set (available HERE).  I used Topiary and Cranberry cardstock and ink for this, and the faux stitching is with Saddle ink (from an older stamp set).  The "love" and other words at the bottom of the card come from the October Stamp of the Month called Scandinavian Wishes (available HERE).



Next,, I kept it simple once again.  I just love stamping the image of Mary and her baby.  :-)  I used both red and silver Shimmer Trims (those bad boys are self-adhesive-- I love that!).  I used Topiary and Cranberry cardstock, as well as white (which I inked up with Bamboo, one of my very favorite things to do).  Some twine in cranberry and bling finishes the card off.



Because the Topiary cardstock is so very dark, I added more champagne cardstock on the inside, and used stamped that, too.

 
 
Finally, I played with the October Stamp of the Month, since it was already out. This is what the stamp set looks like:
 
 
When I went to cut the ornament shape from the Art Philosophy cartridge, I noticed there was a decorative layer that could be cut, so I did just that with Topiary cardstock. 
 
 
 
Here's how I fixed it up.  I placed the green shape (cut at 5") onto champagne cardstock (cut at 5x10"), then cranberry around the frame, and I did some faux stitching on that, then added twine around the ornament part, stamped the ornament on champagne cardstock with Cranberry ink.  "Happy Holidays" in stamped in Topiary. 


 
And that's all for today's share!  Check out the other blogs linked up below to continue on our blog hop party.  Check back from now until the 20th as entries are added daily! 
 
As always, thank you for stopping by and leaving love!
 
Blessings, Martha
 
 
 
***This blog hop is open for members of the CTMH Blog Boosters. Please do not enter if you are not a member of the group.

4 comments: