Monday, October 21, 2013

Christmas cards, part 2

Hello crafty friends,

Here is my next installment of Christmas card inspiration!

This first one is a 5x7 card.  I tend to make the A2 size cards so this card is much bigger than what I prefer to work with.  The background paper is an old Basic Grey, the shiny red is Bazzill that I ran through the Big Shot machine with an SU! die, and the wreath is cut from Cricut's Anna Griffin Winter Wonderland cartridge.  I added hot fix stones in gold, after spraying the wreath with Glimmer Mist.  The banner is cut from the AG cartridge, too, and the "Merry Christmas" is from an older CTMH set. 


This next one came together nicely.  I was searching for some CTMH cardstock when I stumbled upon a package of vellum paper and boy was that a nice surprise!  I am loving running the vellum through my Cuttlebug!  This Christmas tree folder is an Anna Griffin folder purchased through HSN.  The cream-colored banner is plain cardstock that I stamped with a CTMH background stamp and from that same set of stamps, I used a chevron background to stamp  green CTMH cardstock which I then punched with an SU! ornament punch.  The round "Merry Christmas" is from a new set of CTMH stamps that will be available for purchase on October 15th.  Twine is CTMH also. 


Some of the elements are on pop dots for that wonderful 3D effect.


This next one is actually the very first Christmas card I made this year.  It's fairly plain... I ran green cardstock through the Cuttlebug with another Anna Griffin folder, ran red cardstock through the coordinating smaller folder, used the CTMH set called Holiday Tags (available for purchase HERE), and added an old bow from my stash.  I also sprayed Glimmer Mist on both the green and red pieces. 




This next card was inspired by the CTMH art using this stamp set from last year.  I copied the CTMH idea almost exactly, using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge that coordinates with the stamps.


Instead of stamping those tiny birds in Ruby and cutting them out-- I'm not into fussy cutting!-- I just used red Stickles to accent the birds on the stamped image. And if you look at the Ruby cardstock beneath the tree you can sort of tell that I ran that through a Cuttlebug folder for texture.  Red satin SU! ribbon completes the card. 

 
 
 
That's all I have for now, my friends.  Stay tuned for a few more Christmas card creations, and on October 15th I will be participating in a CTMH Blog Hop that showcases all the new stamps from the Holiday Mini catalog.  Don't have a catalog?  Leave a comment below or email me and I will get one to you.  Then check back on the 15th to see the cards I've made with a couple of stamp sets from that catalog.  Until then, stay crafty my friends!  ;) 
 
Blessings,
Martha

2 comments:

  1. You have been on a creative roll!! Great cards, such a nice variety instead of making them all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. Christmas... bahhumbug. HAHA! look at you go. very pretty cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete