Tuesday, August 6, 2013

LO Share - Cursive 101!

Here's a quick page that I want to share!  My son doesn't use cursive handwriting much so when he does well, I don't know what it is, but I just fall in love with his little handwriting.  And since he was willing to pose for me... here ya go.  :D



So anyway, I used a couple of old CTMH stamp sets (Authentic, D1401, and School Rules, C1434).  The apples are from Cricut's Makin' The Grade cartridge and the worm from the Creative Memories This & That cartridge.  The title is cut from Cursive 101; I did weld the letters together myself on my Gypsy.  I also had to weld the apples together.

You can see where I used a sheet of scrap paper to stamp my accents... (I wound up not using the blue stars or the smaller rectangle), and that gold-colored chipboard circle will be where I mount that stamped circle image.


Now, some of you, my dear blog readers, are seasoned veterans in the stamping and scrapbooking world, so feel free to ignore the following pictures and information.  Other readers are new and, therefore, let me tell you how I stamped the pencil!  I used two different colors of ink, CTMH Goldrush and CTMH Smoothie.  First I stamped the pencil without the eraser with the Goldrush ink. 


Then I used a post-it note to cover the top part of the pencil so I could stamp the pink eraser part.


You can see that it's not perfectly straight, but after I trimmed the image it looks just fine.  As my college organic chemistry professor used to say in lab, "It all comes out in the wash."  Cut it appropriately and you won't be able to tell where it's a tiny bit misaligned.  :)  Finally, I used a brown marker to color in the pencil tip. 



I added hemp around the pencils to decorate, and green stickles to the apple leaves, clear stickles to the apple and Mr. Worm (who has huge bug eyes and may have thyroid disease - we're testing his blood to verify his diagnosis! LOLOL), and a white gel pen to accent the apples, too.



I added more hemp around the report card, mounted the circle "One of a Kind" stamp on chipboard, and stamped an apple and "way to go" on the Jenni Bowlin memo notebook paper, which I also used a punch on that left edge (SU! notebook punch) to make it look like notebook paper. 

 

That is it.  It took me maybe an hour or just over an hour to get this together.  Super simple but, IMHO, fantastic results.  I love that little worm! 

That's it for today.  Today's my birthday (29 for the 8th time - LOL) and we're headed down south to the beach for a couple of days... I have a couple of posts saved as drafts so keep checking back for more inspiration! 

Blessings,
Martha

3 comments:

  1. Oh Martha...I love your design and all the special touches of love you put into this...I love it.
    Hugs,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, this page is fantastic. Thanks for explaining the touches you gave everything, I was wondering how you made the apples look so "perfect".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute masking and stamping to create those embellishments - have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete