Monday, August 5, 2013

Cricut Scandinavian Christmas Cards

I was playing around, making this page about my favorite little boy :), and I found the perfect ornament on the Scandinavian Christmas Cards cartridge.  My son took guitar lessons and they performed Christmas carols at a Barnes and Noble last year.  I got there late and didn't get the best pictures.  Anyway, I cut the ornament and title from the Scandinavian cart and really liked that.  The red outline is a paper I had stored away so I don't remember what cartridge I originally cut that from. 

 
So I finished the above page and continued perusing the Scandinavian card cartridge... and I came up with this one.  The ornament, the title.  Really enjoyed using that cartridge as I've had it for a couple of years (whenever it came out - I bought it almost immediately!) and hadn't used it. 


Because of the busy paper I felt the title didn't stand out very much, and that cartridge has only simple cuts without shadows, so I decided adding Stickles would make it much more noticeable.  Of course, I couldn't add Stickles to the title alone, so I added them to the chipboard accents throughout the page.  It looks much better!


 
See the pretty red shine on the Christmas tree?  LOVE it!!!  As a matter of fact, I loved it so much that I went back to the first LO and added Stickles to that title, too.  Looks much better, IMHO! 

 
So there you have it, some of the cuts from Scandinavian Christmas Cards.  Great cart.  If I could find the rest of last year's Christmas pictures I'm sure I'd use more of this cartridge - and the other 6 Christmas-themed cartridges I have.  LOL! 
 
Thanks for stopping by and for leaving love.  Until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Stickles, can't go wrong, sparkles look good on any page, ha ha. Great layouts Martha, love both of the titles, sparkles and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Marlene - stickles look great on any pages especially Christmas ones. You've made me decide to go looking for Christmas ornament shapes for the silhouette as these look lovely.

    ReplyDelete