Sunday, July 21, 2013

Journaling Prompts

Hello friends,

As the insomnia bug hit me tonight (again) I tossed and turned in bed and a layout idea began to form. I want to make a 12x12 page with one photo of my kiddo.  I want to use my Cricut Extreme Fonts cartridge to cut an over-size letter "N", since my kiddo's name is Nicholas, and my journaling will be along the lines of (oversize) N is for (cut strips of paper with the following words): neat, noteworthy, notorious, nice, noisy.... I couldn't think of any more words starting with N but I did start thinking about journaling on layouts.  (Please share any more "N" ideas in the comments section below - thanks!)

I don't usually struggle with journaling.  Titles, however, are not always my friend (in my son's early scrapbooks I think I titled at least 10 different layouts with "QT" and while yes, he was an incredible cutie (and still is!!! :)), seriously, couldn't I think of *anything* else???).  But anyway, back to journaling:  I almost always know what story I want to tell before I even begin a layout.  It's simple to go with the "who, what, when, where, and why" but sometimes there's more.  Was it a good day or event overall?  Did anything go wrong or did everything go right?  Was this a planned or random event or happening?  Of course I always include the date.  I've sometimes just written a letter to myself and when my son was a newborn I wrote several letters to him-- which I have yet to open because they're for him to read when he's all grown up and/or I'm gone!  :) 

So what do you all do for journaling?  Is it always cut and dry, just the meat and potatoes, or do you venture into different forms of literary composition?  Anybody find lists fun?  How many are guilty of not journaling at all?  (GASP!  Isn't storytelling what scrapbooking is all about?!!!  :) )  I'm just wondering if there's anything I might be missing out on that you guys have tried. 

I'm pretty busy over the next couple of weeks, but as soon as I have a free 30 minutes I will make the LO I mentioned above with all my "N" ideas and I'll share it here.  In the mean time, here's some pages I recently made of my "QT" (LOL).  Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment